Thursday, September 25, 2008

china


Yesterday, in order to get the attention of my Father, I left him a voice mail saying that I'm moving to China. It's something that I'm even a bit surprised that I've done. We don't speak, all because of money, and a few of my lifestyle choices I'm sure.


So many people have told me throughout my life, "it's all about the money" (but you have to say "money" with a real Italian accent, to make yourself sound like even more of an asshole). I think everyone is wrong, that it really isn't about the mawney, that it's about being happy. But apparently, my Dad disagrees. He doesn't want to share his wealth, and I don't want to hear about his new Porsche, so it's lead to this. Me having to say that I'm doing something so big as moving across the world to a Communist country, just to get a call back. I'm telling myself that I'm not going to call him back, I want to leave him wondering why and how I might be going to China, how long will I be gone? I want him to really lament the loss of his only son, his only child, that he neglects and leaves in financial ruin and bankruptcy, even though he has no one to care for but himself, and plenty of money. But it's hard to resist the urge to call him back, because it's obvious that I just want to have a relationship with him. I'm fine with not mentioning anything financial, I'm content with just talking about our dogs, or the past.

I probably shouldn't bother with any of this shit.

No comments: